- Location : Qatar
- Contract Value US$ : 1.7 Billion
- Client : Ashghal – Public Works Authority
- Commencement : 2014
- Completion : 2017
The project is the largest of four contracts which make up the New Orbital Highway – stretching from the existing Al Mesaieed interchange to Salwa Road.
HLG’s scope of works includes the design and construction of:
- 31km of new freeway, with 7 lanes in each direction, including 5 car lanes separated from 2 trucks lanes;
- 25km of side roads at five locations, with 4 lanes and up to 8 lanes in each direction;
- Five grade-separated interchanges, and all related cross-roads and ramps;
- Cross road, pedestrian & bicycle paths with the appropriate overpasses structures;
- Service structures including underpasses, culverts, retaining walls, pump stations, substations, drainage structures, tanks and gantries;
- Traffic signs, road markings and an Intelligent Traffic System;
- Street lighting and bridge underpass lighting works;
A storm water drainage system, foul sewerage network, treated sewage effluent network, and water supply network will also be delivered.
The Group’s scope includes provision of electrical, telephone and communication networks, utilities protection works, and landscaping, hardscape and irrigation works.