- Location : Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Contract Value US$ : 71 Million
- Client : Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC)
- Commencement : 2015
- Completion : 2017
HLG, operating as Leighton Contracting Abu Dhabi, is responsible for the construction in Abu Dhabi of Industrial Zone Area A, Secondary Infrastructure (Phase 1B) project.
The scope of works include the construction of the following infrastructure within a 51sq.km site:
- Roads network including junctions and roundabouts – 12.5km
- Strom water lifting station – 5 No’s
- Combined waste water lifting station – 2 No’s
- 11/0.4 KV substation – 3 No’s
- Storm water network 300 to 1200mm dia – 33km
- Combined waste water network 150 to 300mm dia – 15km
- Potable water network 50 to 355mm dia – 22km
- LV cabling and street lighting works – 12.5km
- Telecom network manholes and ducting – 12.5km
- Irrigation/Process water /Sea water/Gas road crossing ducts for future pipes – across 12.5km roads
- Surcharge removal in KP8– 60,000m3
- Demolition of existing water tank and surcharge in KP9
- Removal & reinstating of the existing Free Zone customs fence in KP9
The methodology will include extensive dewatering, excavation, pipe laying and road construction works.