- Location : Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Contract Value US$ : 600 Million
- Client : Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA)
- Commencement : 2011
Habtoor Leighton Group is constructing the US$ 600 million new Mafraq Hospital, located in Al Mafraq, Abu Dhabi, in joint venture with Murray & Roberts.
The 739-bed general hospital will be one of the leading trauma/surgery hospitals in the region, and will provide a cost-effective alternative for patients who previously had to seek specialised care overseas for neurosurgery, orthopaedics, acute rehabilitation and plastic surgery.
The joint venture’s scope of works includes construction of:
- A two-storey basement including service accommodation, labs, CSSD, dining and parking
- A three-storey outpatient building including clinics
- A link bridge
- A three-storey podium building including diagnostics, operating theatres, ER, rehab, ICU and maternity
- Two nine-storey and two 11-storey inpatient towers
- Peripheral buildings including substations, cooling plant, workshop, mortuary, underground tanks and service tunnels
- Landscaping, infrastructure and external works